Jul 29, 2009

I thought I Knew


A Little Lesson:
I thought I knew . . .
I thought everything fell into place at the last minute for a trip to Ottawa
so that I could be there for my son,
who incidentally got a 2nd degree sunburn three days before he was to leave.
Nope.
He was fine. He was so ready to immerse himself in this
once-and-a-lifetime national camp, mom was not needed.
Once I was there, I realized very quickly,
in order for me to compose the music I needed to compose and write the script I needed to write
I needed to see the history that makes up this great country. . .live and in 3 dimensions.
Ottawa provided that in a way that no other place on earth could.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a little of your trip! It brought back great memories of when we had gone. I totally agree with you~the library is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your video. I hope to one day return to my birth place and take in the sights. I am glad Jordan got to experience the nation's capital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my city! Can't help but miss it when I see an amazing video like that. I love the Parliament Buildings....love the downtown core...love the Byward Market. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Glad you enjoyed it and glad it was good to you. There's sooooo much more. Hope you make it back there some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Shelley for sharing the beautiful and calming music through out a well made video. The Lord woks in mysterious ways; always with a purpose in mind, you have fullfilled that purpose and how incredible to be inspired by the culture of our country! One of my favorite cities to visists!

    Love ya dalrin, Tami Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete