Sep 5, 2014

Rolling Along

Whenever there is a creative project on my agenda I always manage to drop blogging off on the side of the road and drive off into the sunset.  When I return, it always pains me to know that months passed without even a single syllable posted on the shenanigans I call my life.  All those memories lying there like roadkill. If I could remember anything these days then this would not be an issue.  But my brain seems to be riddled with gaping wholes that lets everything slip out.  Literally.  Today I forgot to take Benjamin to soccer.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

For the record, I was composing and creating the opening and closing ceremonies for a large YW camp for the entire province which ferried 500 girls and 140 leaders to the beautiful Vancouver Island for what was a Girl's Camp of a lifetime!  It was quite a historical event for these parts.  Not quite as epic as the Youth Temple Event back in 2010, but close.

After a short theatre event with myself and two of my buddies dressed as biblical townspeople from different dispensations commentating on technology and social media and all of its quirks and glory . . . attention was turned to a screen draped high amongst the 500 year old trees that blanket our beautiful island forests where we were dwelling for the week, to show the YW a special presentation of them in action -  secretly sent to us by their leaders from every city in the province.   (pheeew! that was a really long sentence)

Opening Ceremonies Video
Camp Theme:  It's Time . . . to Come Unto Christ


We shared the stage with the one and only Sister Elaine Dalton for our closing ceremonies.  She used to be the General Young Women's president.  She was simply awesome.  This is the culminating video I had to put together in warp speed on that final day so that it was ready for the final night of camp.

Closing Ceremonies Video


 A Little Lesson
When I blog each day I take more photos of the people I love.  I take more time to stop smell the roses.  I reflect more on the big picture.  I capture the moments that will make me smile when I am in my golden years.  Somehow I have to figure out how to keep the car rolling when I'm tempted to slow down and chuck blogging out the window.