Oct 26, 2008

Still Little


Jordan announced:
"I think I'm going work on putting together my survival first aid kit for scouts."
I responded:
"Sounds great!" as I continued to work on my calling.

He proudly gets started.
"Mom where's some bouillon cubes?"
In the cupboard above the kid's sink.
"Mom where are the matches?"
In the drawer where the candles are.
"How do I waterproof them?"
Put some nail polish on the end of them.
"Where's the nail polish?"
Hold on, I'll get it.
"Do we have aluminum foil?"
It's the same as tin foil.
"How much is five meters?"
Hold on, I'll show you.
"Is adhesive tape the same as normal tape?"

At this point I stopped what I was doing and realized my brand new scouter, excited to work on this 1st assignment on his own, was really saying "Mom, I need to make a survival first aid kit and I need you to find everything on the list because I'm just a kid and don't know where any of these things are!"

A Little Lesson:
We complain they grow up too fast. We moan when they grow out of their clothes. We wish they would stay little forever. One day he will do these assignments on his own and I will not be part of the equation. One day he will know how to waterproof matches, how long five meters is and what adhesive tape is. I am glad I am still a big part of his little life and this wont last forever!

2 comments:

  1. Great tip! I didn't realize that clear nail polish will waterproof matches! Wow - that's almost something one could put in their 72 hour kit... Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a way, it will last forever! I still get calls, "Mom, how do I do ~~~?" It's great!!!

    ReplyDelete